For more chicken recipes, click here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5 oz fresh goat cheese
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh arugula
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (NOTE: For cooking, CE recommends using olive, safflower, sunflower or grape seed oil.)
- 1 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- In a small bowl, mash together the goat cheese and milk until smooth. Add the garlic, arugula, lemon zest and red pepper flakes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- On the thickest side of each chicken breast, cut a deep, 3-inch-long pocket. (Be sure you don’t cut through the other side of the breast.) Using your fingers, stuff the goat cheese mixture into each pocket. Close by pressing the flesh together and secure with a toothpick, if necessary.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium. Have ready a lid that is too small for the pan but that will cover the breasts. Cook the chicken (in batches, if necessary) on one side, uncovered, until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the breasts, season with salt and pepper, and set the small lid on top of the chicken in the pan. Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Pour the wine into the pan and scrape up the flavorful brown bits stuck to the bottom of the pan. Cook over medium heat until the wine has reduced by about half, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the sauce is reduced to a glossy syrup, 2 to 3 minutes. Drizzle the reduction over the chicken and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 335
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Cholesterol Content: 110 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 45 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 235 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g