Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet or glass baking dish. Drizzle 2 tsp vinegar over chicken and sprinkle 1/8 tsp each salt and black pepper over top. On each chicken breast, layer 1/2 clove sliced garlic, 1 sliced Campari tomato, 3/4 oz cheese and 4 basil leaves. Roll chicken from top to bottom and secure with a toothpick. Drizzle 2 tsp vinegar over chicken breasts and sprinkle 1⁄8 tsp each salt and black pepper over top. Cover with foil. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove toothpicks.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, adding minced garlic to cooking water. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water; set aside.
- Return pasta to pot and heat on medium. Add artichokes, grape tomatoes, remaining 1 tbsp vinegar and reserved cooking
- water. Cook for 5 minutes, until tomatoes soften. Add buttermilk, 1/2 tsp black pepper, pepper flakes and 1/4 tsp salt. Continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. (TIP: Gently simmer sauce but avoid bringing to a boil.)
- Reduce heat to low and stir in 1/4 cup torn basil and pine nuts. Stir to combine. Cover to keep warm and serve with chicken.
- Serving Size 5 oz chicken and 1 1/2 cups pasta
- Calories 424
- Carbohydrate Content 345 g
- Cholesterol Content 97 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 42 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 473 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g