Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Check out bonus questions from our interview with Gabriele and Debi!
- In a large bowl, add wine, bay leaves, rosemary and 2 cloves garlic. Immerse chicken in marinade, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a large cast iron pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium-high. Remove chicken from bowl and set marinade aside; dust chicken with flour and transfer to pan. Brown chicken for 7 to 10 minutes, turning once or twice; remove from pan and set aside.
- In a large saucepot, heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil on medium-high. Add remaining 3 cloves garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add anchovies and olives and sauté until anchovies are dissolved in oil, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and reserved marinade. Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook for 1 1/2 hours, stirring often. Serve chicken with anchovy-tomato sauce, a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
- Serving Size 6 oz
- Calories 283
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 86 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 346 mg
- Sugar Content 1.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g