If you typically serve meals over rice, then learning how to rice veggies could be a boon to your cooking. Both fresh and frozen premade options exist, but it’s easy to make your own. Roughly chop then pulse the veg in a food processor until it reaches rice-size pieces.
- Prep Time
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 tbsp hot sauce
- ½ tsp each ground cumin, sea salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 2 avocados, sliced
- ½ cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp sliced green onions
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
1. Prepare casserole: Preheat oven to 350°F. In a food processor, pulse cauliflower florets to a rice-like size. (You’ll need about 3 cups.)
2. Place riced cauliflower in a large bowl. Add three-quarters of cheese, chicken, tomatoes, celery, red onion, cilantro, hot sauce, cumin, salt, pepper and oregano; toss until well combined.
3. Spread mixture in an 8 x 12-inch baking dish; top with remaining one-quarter of cheese, cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese is browned, about 10 minutes more.
4. Divide avocado, yogurt, green onions and lime wedges among servings.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate leftover casserole and toppings separately. Reheat and assemble when called for.
- Serving Size: ¼ casserole with toppings
- Calories: 611
- Carbohydrate Content: 27 g
- Cholesterol Content: 113 mg
- Fat Content: 41 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Protein Content: 39 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 15 g
- Sodium Content: 849 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g