Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
READER RECIPE TESTER
“I like the way eating clean makes me feel, and I have seen great changes in my body. I decided to ‘lighten it up’ and adjusted the recipe so it would fit into my diet. The soup is still very comforting. My favorite cuisine is Thai, so I love the mix of spice and slight sweetness here.”
- Heat oil in a pot over medium. Add garlic, onion, carrots and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper and sauté until onions are lightly translucent.
- Add broth and coconut and skim milks. Bring to a light boil.
- Add chicken, cover and let simmer for 12 minutes over medium-low to medium heat.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Add peas and chile flakes to soup. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, slice chicken and add pieces back to the soup.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Add lemon juice, sprinkle in cilantro and serve.
- Serving Size 1 1/2-cup serving
- Calories 250
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4.5 g
- Sodium Content 50 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g