This Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe would go great with a side salad!
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pound chicken with a mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Be careful not to tear apart the breast. Lay 1 spinach leaf on top of each breast. Then spread cheese wedge to cover spinach. Top with 1/2 slice ham, folding ham over as needed to fit breast. Gently roll up each breast and secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle outer side of breast with paprika. Bake in oven for 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is baking, sauté garlic in oil in a nonstick skillet for 1 minute on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and pepper. Stir occasionally for 10 minutes until soft. Remove from heat. Cover and set aside.
- To prepare sauce, whisk together yogurt, mustard and buttermilk. Mix in chives.
- Divide mushrooms equally between 2 plates, about 1/4 cup each. Then place chicken on bed of mushrooms and drizzle 1/4 cup yogurt sauce over top.
- Serving Size 1 chicken cordon bleu, ¼ cup mushrooms, ¼ cup yogurt sauce
- Calories 281
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 80 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 38 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 587 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g