- In a medium bowl, toss chicken with flour to coat. In a medium nonstick skillet on medium, heat 1/2 tsp oil. Add chicken along with any excess flour from bowl, curry powder and 1⁄4 tsp salt. Sauté until chicken is golden brown and almost cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm. To same skillet on medium, add apple, 1/3 cup onions and ginger and sauté until apples are just tender, about 5 minutes. Add broth, apple juice and raisins. Bring to a simmer and return chicken to skillet. Cover and simmer over medium- low for 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, to a medium heat-proof bowl, add couscous. Pour 2 cups boiling water over couscous, stirring in remaining 1⁄4 tsp salt. Cover bowl and set aside for 5 to 7 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork and stir in remaining 1 tsp oil and almonds.
- Divide couscous and chicken mixture mixture among serving bowls. Garnish with remaining 2 tbsp onion.
- Serving Size 1/4 chicken curry and 1 cup cousous
- Calories 440
- Carbohydrate Content 56 g
- Cholesterol Content 91 mg
- Fat Content 8.5 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 39 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 429 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g