Serve with Buttery Roasted Potatoes & Green Beans.
Image and recipe from Cuisine at Home.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 to 6 oz each)
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp whole-wheat flour
- 1 tbsp safflower oil
- 1/4 cup slivered unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp organic unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- With a mallet or rolling pin, pound each chicken breast between 2 sheets plastic wrap into ½-inch-thick cutlets. Season with salt and pepper. Place flour on a shallow plate; dredge chicken in flour to coat both sides, shaking off excess. Discard flour.
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high, heat oil. Add cutlets and cook, flipping once, until browned on both sides and no longer pink inside, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
- Add almonds to pan and cook, stirring constantly, until browned, 1 minute. Add wine and broth and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 1 to 1½ minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter, a small amount at a time, until melted and sauce thickens. Add onions. Divide chicken among plates and divide sauce evenly over top.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken cutlet and 1 tbsp sauce
- Calories: 328
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 129 mg
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 37 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 197 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g