- Arrange 1 oven rack in highest and 1 rack in lowest position. Preheat oven to 425°F. Mist chicken with cooking spray and season with salt. Arrange on a tray and roast on bottom rack for 15 to 20 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer reaches 165°F when inserted in center of chicken. Let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, slice half of onion into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Dice remaining half; reserve diced onion. Arrange gooseberries, sliced onion and jalapeños in a single layer on a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Transfer to top rack of oven (at same time as chicken) and cook until gooseberries are blistered and split open, about 10 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Reduce oven to 375°F.
- Meanwhile, finely shred chicken and transfer to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare salsa: In a food processor, combine gooseberry-jalapeño mixture and any accompanying juices, 1/2 cup cilantro and lime juice. Pulse for about 30 seconds, until almost smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl, add additional salt and set aside. (MAKE AHEAD: Prepare salsa up to 48 hours in advance, cover and refrigerate until needed.)
- Heat a large skillet on medium-high and mist with cooking spray. Add diced onion, corn and bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in chile powder and cumin and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add to chicken and stir to combine. Stir in 3/4 cup salsa and additional salt.
- Arrange tortillas in a stack, wrap in a double layer of foil and warm in oven for 5 to 6 minutes, until softened. Spread ½ cup salsa over bottom of a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture into center of each tortilla. Roll tortillas over chicken mixture and place seam side down in dish. (NOTE: Simply roll into a tube; do not fold in sides.) Drizzle remaining salsa over enchiladas and sprinkle with mozzarella, dividing evenly. Bake until mozzarella is bubbling and filling is hot, about 25 minutes. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, and if using, green onions and tomato.
- Serving Size 2 enchiladas
- Calories 325
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 43 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 224 mg
- Sugar Content 3.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g