Find more clean chicken recipes here!
- Prep Time
- 12 oz whole-grain linguine pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, sliced
- 1/4 dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Pinch fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cups dried unsweetened Mission figs, stemmed and chopped
- 2 6-oz cooked chicken breasts, chopped, warm
- 4 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- Cook linguine al dente according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water and drain. Return linguine to pot and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium-low. Add shallots, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are tender but not browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and add vinegar. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced by about one-third, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in broth and figs and simmer until liquid is reduced by half, 4 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add shallot mixture to linguine and stir to combine. Place on low heat and cook until heated through. Stir in chicken and cheese. (NOTE: If mixture appears dry, add reserved pasta cooking water in 1 tbsp additions to reach desired consistency.) Stir in basil and divide among serving bowls.
- Serving Size: 1 3/4 cups
- Calories: 419
- Carbohydrate Content: 66 g
- Cholesterol Content: 43 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 90 mg
- Sugar Content: 19 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 0.5 g