Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more clean chicken recipes here!
- Cook linguine al dente according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water and drain. Return linguine to pot and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium-low. Add shallots, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until shallots are tender but not browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high and add vinegar. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced by about one-third, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in broth and figs and simmer until liquid is reduced by half, 4 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add shallot mixture to linguine and stir to combine. Place on low heat and cook until heated through. Stir in chicken and cheese. (NOTE: If mixture appears dry, add reserved pasta cooking water in 1 tbsp additions to reach desired consistency.) Stir in basil and divide among serving bowls.
- Serving Size 1 3/4 cups
- Calories 419
- Carbohydrate Content 66 g
- Cholesterol Content 43 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 90 mg
- Sugar Content 19 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0.5 g