Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
For a more authentic laksa, make our Homemade Laksa Paste.
Note: If making our Homemade Laksa Paste from scratch, you can omit the coriander, lemongrass and fish sauce in the soup recipe.
- In a large saucepan on medium-high, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add snow peas, bok choy and 1/8 tsp salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and bright green and bok choy leaves have wilted, 2 to 3 minutes; transfer to a bowl. Heat remaining 3 tbsp oil in saucepan. Add chile; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add paste and coriander; cook, stirring, 1 minute longer, until fragrant. Pour in half of coconut milk and whisk to incorporate curry mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally until mixture is reduced by about half, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining coconut milk, broth, coconut aminos, fish sauce, lemongrass, sriracha and honey; bring to a boil and add chicken. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Divide among 4 bowls.
- Stir reserved snow pea-bok choy mixture into soup. Season with remaining ½ tsp salt and additional fish sauce (if using). Remove lemongrass stalks.
- Ladle soup on top of noodles. Top each bowl with one-fourth of cucumber, bean sprouts and green onion. If using, garnish with mint and basil; serve with lime wedges.
Related: Eat to Live Longer
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 701
- Carbohydrate Content 48 g
- Cholesterol Content 108 mg
- Fat Content 43 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 34 g
- Saturated Fat Content 22 g
- Sodium Content 954 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 14 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g