Find more clean pizza recipes here!
Hands-on Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 oz brown rice or whole-wheat spaghetti noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp peeled and grated ginger
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 cups thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 cups chopped baby bok choy
- 4 oz cooked and cooled shredded boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 1-lb pizza crust of your choice (whole-wheat, gluten-free or cauliflower)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Arrange oven rack in bottom third of oven; preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain, toss with sesame oil and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce: in a small saucepan, combine broth, soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes. In a small bowl, mix arrowroot with 1 tbsp water. Add to saucepan and cook for 30 seconds, until thickened. Transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
- Mist a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until softened and light golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add bell pepper and bok choy. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring, until bok choy is slightly wilted. Transfer to a second bowl and add noodles and chicken; stir until combined.
- Spread sauce evenly over crust. Sprinkle half of cheese over sauce, then top with noodle mixture and remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
Nutrients Per Serving (1/8 of pizza with whole-wheat crust): Calories: 248, Total Fat: 7.5 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 31.5 g, Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 14 g, Sodium: 390 mg, Cholesterol: 20 mg