Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place a 10-inch ovenproof skillet (such as cast iron) on center rack until hot, about 10 minutes. Add 1 tbsp oil and heat in oven for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, rinse and drain soaked quinoa and transfer to a food processor.
- To the food processor, add 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp water, 1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp salt, tarragon and thyme. Process until mixture resembles runny pancake batter, scraping down bowl as needed, 2 to 3 minutes. When oil is hot, remove skillet from oven and swirl to coat with oil. Pour quinoa mixture into skillet and bake until batter is set and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse out food processor. Add bell peppers and process until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat remaining 2 tsp oil and add mushrooms, black pepper and remaining 1/8 tsp salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Spread bell pepper sauce over quinoa crust in skillet. Top with shredded chicken, mushrooms and cheese. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted, 4 to 5 minutes. Let mixture rest in skillet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cutting board and sprinkle with parsley. Cut into wedges.
- Serving Size 1/4 of pizza
- Calories 378
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 486 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g