- Prep Time
- 1 daikon radish, peeled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp peanut oil, divided
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced, white and green parts divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped, divided
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped cilantro + whole cilantro leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp chile garlic sauce (such as sambal oelek)
- 1-2 tbsp fish sauce
1. Secure daikon in a spiralizer and turn crank to create noodles, about the thickness of linguine. Pat dry with a clean towel; trim noodles to desired length.
2. Mist a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add eggs and cook, scrambling with a wooden spoon, until cooked. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk all sauce ingredients except fish sauce; set aside.
4. In a large skillet on medium, heat ½ tbsp oil. Add chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
5. Reduce heat to low. Add daikon noodles to skillet and cook, tossing occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until daikon has softened. Transfer to a large bowl.
6. In skillet, heat remaining ½ tbsp oil. Add whites of onions and garlic, stirring constantly to avoid burning, and cook for about 1 minute, until onions begin to soften. Add in sauce and then arrowroot; increase heat to medium and whisk until arrowroot dissolves and sauce thickens.
7. Return daikon to skillet, tossing until noodles are coated in the sauce. Add in cooked chicken (with any juices), scrambled eggs and 2 tbsp peanuts. Cook for 30 seconds, tossing to fully combine. Stir in chopped cilantro.
8. Divide among plates and drizzle with fish sauce. Garnish with cilantro leaves, greens of onions and remaining 2 tbsp peanuts.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 279
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Cholesterol Content: 134 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 20 g
- Sodium Content: 911 mg
- Sugar Content: 16 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g