PRICE PER PLATE: $3.45
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 20 oz total)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper,divided
- 2 tsp safflower oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 10 oz white button mushrooms,trimmed and sliced 1/4-inch-thick
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 3 tbsp dried porcini mushroom pieces (about 0.3 oz)
- 1/2 cup fruity red wine (such as Merlot)
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 2 tsp organic unsalted butter, cold
- Place chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag and, using the smooth side of a meat mallet, pound to 1⁄4-inch thickness. Add lemon juice, seal bag and marinate chicken at room temperature for 15 minutes. Season with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Heat a grill on medium-high and brush grates with 1 tsp oil (or use a skillet or grill pan on the stove top). Remove chicken from bag, discarding excess lemon juice. Add chicken to grill and grill, turning once, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate, cover and let rest for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium nonstick skillet on medium, heat remaining 1 tsp oil. Add shallot and sauté for 2 minutes. Add white mushrooms, 1/8 tsp salt and 1 pinch pepper. Sauté until mushrooms are softened and have released most of their juices, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in chives.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cover porcini mushrooms with 1/3 cup boiling water. Set aside for 10 minutes. Add wine and honey and bring to a boil on medium-high. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until liquid is reduced by about two-thirds, 5 to
- minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in butter. Season with remaining 1/8 tsp salt and pinch pepper. Divide chicken among serving plates. Drizzle sauce over each serving. Serve with sautéed mushrooms.
- Serving Size: 1 Breast, 1 tbsp sauce, 1/4 of Mushrooms
- Calories: 231
- Carbohydrate Content: 9 g
- Cholesterol Content: 83 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 316 mg
- Sugar Content: 4.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g