Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Also see 24 Clean Chicken Recipes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Arrange a wire rack over sheet; mist with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Prepare chicken: In a large shallow plate, combine panko, Parmesan, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. In a separate shallow dish, whisk egg until frothy. Dust chicken with flour, shaking off excess. Working 1 piece at a time, dip chicken in egg, turning to coat. Press both sides into panko mixture. Transfer to rack; mist tops with cooking spray. Bake until no longer pink inside, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven; cover with foil.
- Meanwhile, prepare stacks: Spread eggplant and tomatoes in a single layer on a separate rimmed parchment-lined sheet. Brush with oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper. Bake until eggplant is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat broiler; arrange rack 6 inches from top heat source. Sandwich tomato between eggplant slices to make 4 stacks; sprinkle with mozzarella. Broil until cheese melts, 1 minute. Sprinkle with basil. Serve with chicken.
- Serving Size 1/4 recipe
- Calories 392
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 78 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 503 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g