Find more chicken recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken cutlets,
- patted dry
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp safflower oil, divided
- 6 large cloves garlic, crushed, divided
- 4 cups chopped broccoli florets (NOTE:Cut into 1-inch florets.)
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1¼ tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 large shallot, minced
- Juice of 2 oranges
- Juice of 1/2 large lemon
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp organic unsalted butter
- Season chicken with 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 tsp oil on medium-high. Add 3 cloves garlic and sauté, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken and garlic from skillet and cover to keep warm; set skillet aside.
- In a separate medium nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 tsp oil on medium. Add remaining 3 cloves garlic and sauté, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add broccoli, 1/8 tsp salt and pepper flakes and sauté until broccoli is bright green, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and add 2 tbsp water. Simmer until broccoli is tender-crisp, about 3 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk 2 tbsp broth and arrowroot powder until smooth; set aside. Return large skillet to medium-high heat. Add shallot and sauté, stirring often, for 1 minute. Add remaining 6 tbsp broth, orange juice, lemon juice, capers and remaining 1/8 tsp salt and simmer, stirring up browned bits from bottom, for 1 minute. Whisk in arrowroot mixture and butter and cook, stirring, until butter melts. Return chicken to skillet, turning to coat. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 more minutes.
- Divide chicken among serving plates and top with sauce. Serve with broccoli.
- Serving Size: 3 oz chicken with sauce and 1/4 of broccoli
- Calories: 302
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 108 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 567 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 62 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g