Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more chicken recipes here!
- Season chicken with 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 tsp oil on medium-high. Add 3 cloves garlic and sauté, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken and garlic from skillet and cover to keep warm; set skillet aside.
- In a separate medium nonstick skillet, heat remaining 1 tsp oil on medium. Add remaining 3 cloves garlic and sauté, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add broccoli, 1/8 tsp salt and pepper flakes and sauté until broccoli is bright green, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and add 2 tbsp water. Simmer until broccoli is tender-crisp, about 3 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk 2 tbsp broth and arrowroot powder until smooth; set aside. Return large skillet to medium-high heat. Add shallot and sauté, stirring often, for 1 minute. Add remaining 6 tbsp broth, orange juice, lemon juice, capers and remaining 1/8 tsp salt and simmer, stirring up browned bits from bottom, for 1 minute. Whisk in arrowroot mixture and butter and cook, stirring, until butter melts. Return chicken to skillet, turning to coat. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 3 more minutes.
- Divide chicken among serving plates and top with sauce. Serve with broccoli.
- Serving Size 3 oz chicken with sauce and 1/4 of broccoli
- Calories 302
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 108 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 567 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 62 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g