Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place red pepper on a baking sheet and roast in oven for 20 minutes, turning once (some of the skin should turn black). When done, remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Place chicken on another baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and seed red pepper. Then purée with vinegar in a small food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté for 1 minute. Then add spinach, basil, salt and black pepper, and toss for 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted.
- To serve, place 3/4 cup spinach mixture on a plate, top with 1 chicken breast and 2 tbsp roasted red pepper sauce.
- Serving Size 4 oz chicken, 2 tbsp roasted red pepper sauce, 3/4 cup spinach
- Calories 201
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 65 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 271 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g