- 8 oz whole-grain penne (TRY: Jovial 100% Organic Einkorn Whole-Grain Penne Rigate)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz all-natural mild Italian chicken sausage, no added nitrites or nitrates, casings removed
- 5 cups dandelion greens, chopped, divided
- 1 large clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream (35%)
- 5 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup cooking liquid before draining.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, heat oil on medium. Add sausage and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Add 4 cups dandelion greens, garlic, pepper and salt and sauté, stirring often, until greens are wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cream, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add pasta, reserved cooking liquid, cheese and remaining 1 cup dandelion greens and stir to combine.
- Serving Size: 1 1/3 cups
- Calories: 396
- Carbohydrate Content: 50 g
- Cholesterol Content: 68 mg
- Fat Content: 13.5 g
- Fiber Content: 7.5 g
- Protein Content: 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5.5 g
- Sodium Content: 537 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g