Nutritional Bonus: In addition to their extremely creamy texture and delicious taste, avocados contain more than 20 vitamins and minerals. Plus, a single avocado is also high in the carotenoid lutein, which studies suggest may help keep your eyes functioning efficiently.
- Cook Time
- 18 to 20 spring roll wrappers (about 8-inch in diameter each)
- 1 head Boston or Bibb lettuce, leaves separated and largest leaves cut in half
- 1 leaf Napa cabbage, chopped thinly
- 1/2 cup cooked shrimp, shells and tails removed, diced
- 1/4 lb cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced fine
- 1/2 cup broccoli, finely chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1/8 cup creamy natural peanut butter, unsalted
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced finely
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp low-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 drops chile sesame oil (available at Asian or specialty food stores)
- Wet spring roll wrapper with warm water. (TIP:It is easy to do this with running water from the sink.)
- Place wrapper on a hard surface. Place lettuce leaf on far left edge of wrapper.
- Place 2 tsp cabbage (about 3 slices), 1 tsp shrimp, 1 tsp chicken, 1 tsp broccoli, 1 tsp carrots, 1 tsp bean sprouts and 1/4 tsp green onions into lettuce leaf. Top with 1 slice avocado.
- Roll wrapper from left to right, folding in the top and the bottom sides of wrapper toward the middle. Just before the wrapper is completely wrapped, brush a little egg white on the end so that the wrapper neatly closes.
- Complete Steps 1 to 4 for each wrapper. Serve with Light & Tangy Peanut Satay Sauce.
LIGHT & TANGY PEANUT SATAY SAUCE
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 90
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 80 mg