Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Nutritional Bonus: In addition to their extremely creamy texture and delicious taste, avocados contain more than 20 vitamins and minerals. Plus, a single avocado is also high in the carotenoid lutein, which studies suggest may help keep your eyes functioning efficiently.
- Wet spring roll wrapper with warm water. (TIP:It is easy to do this with running water from the sink.)
- Place wrapper on a hard surface. Place lettuce leaf on far left edge of wrapper.
- Place 2 tsp cabbage (about 3 slices), 1 tsp shrimp, 1 tsp chicken, 1 tsp broccoli, 1 tsp carrots, 1 tsp bean sprouts and 1/4 tsp green onions into lettuce leaf. Top with 1 slice avocado.
- Roll wrapper from left to right, folding in the top and the bottom sides of wrapper toward the middle. Just before the wrapper is completely wrapped, brush a little egg white on the end so that the wrapper neatly closes.
- Complete Steps 1 to 4 for each wrapper. Serve with Light & Tangy Peanut Satay Sauce.
LIGHT & TANGY PEANUT SATAY SAUCE
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Serving Size 1 roll
- Calories 90
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 80 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g