Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Serve with our Vegetable Slaw.
- Marinate chicken: In a large bowl, combine 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp garlic, curry powder, cumin and olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat; let stand 20 to 30 minutes. (NOTE: Here, we marinate the chicken for 20 to 30 minutes, but if you want even more intense flavor, you can marinate it longer in the refrigerator.)
- Prepare sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat a grill to medium- high and brush grate with oil. (NOTE: You can also make this recipe using a grill pan on the stove top.) Grill chicken until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Grill pitas until lightly toasted, about 1 minute per side. Assemble shawarma by spreading about 2 tbsp sauce on each pita; top with romaine, chicken and vegetable slaw.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 487
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 69 mg
- Fat Content 21 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 34 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 488 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g