Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Love soup? Discover our favorite cold-weather soups and stews!
- In a medium stockpot, bring broth to a boil on medium-high. Add potatoes and simmer until almost tender, about 7 minutes. Add kale and mushrooms and simmer for 5 more minutes. Add chicken and pepper and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Top with cheese and ladle soup into serving bowls, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with additional pepper (if using).
- Serving Size 2 cups
- Calories 297
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 50 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 356 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g