Love a good cheese & chicken combo? Try our Chicken with Blue Cheese Sauce!
- Poach chicken breasts: Fill a large saucepan about two-thirds full with water and bring to a boil. (: When you add chicken, water should cover chicken breasts by about 1 inch.) Add chicken and as soon as water starts to bubble again, cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook at a low simmer, adjusting heat if necessary, until chicken is no longer pink in thickest part and registers 165°F on an instant-read thermometer, 22 to 25 minutes. When cool enough to handle, pull chicken off bones and tear into bite-size pieces. Set aside. (MAKE AHEAD: Complete Step One up to 2 days ahead; cover and refrigerate.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add onion, bell pepper, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft and lightly browned. Add cumin, chile powder and oregano and stir to combine. Add garlic and jalapeno and cook until garlic softens, stirring frequently, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Stir in corn and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- In a small bowl, stir together about 2 tbsp milk and potato starch until combined; stir in remaining milk. Add to skillet and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly until slightly thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in chicken and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Season with remaining 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Remove from heat.
- Mist a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange half of tortillas over bottom of dish, overlapping slightly. Top with half of chicken mixture, then sprinkle with half of cheese. Add a second layer of tortillas, chicken and cheese. Cover with foil and bake until liquid is bubbling and cheese is melted, 35 to 45 minutes. Rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions.
- Serving Size 1/8 of tortilla casserole
- Calories 369
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 82 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 37 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 439 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g