1. Prepare noodles according to package directions.
2. Marinate chicken: In a medium bowl, combine 2 tbsp sherry,
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp ginger and half of garlic. Add chicken and turn to coat. Set aside to marinate while preparing remaining ingredients.
3. Prepare sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients.
4. In a large skillet on high, heat oil. Add whites of onions, remaining
1 tbsp ginger, remaining half of garlic and pepper flakes; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add chicken and any marinade and cook, stirring, spreading it out in the pan and letting it sit for a few seconds, then stir again, repeating, until the chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
5. Add carrots, cabbage and bell pepper to skillet and stir, adding
1 tbsp water as necessary to aid in cooking (about 1/4 cup total), letting it evaporate before adding more, until vegetables are wilted and lightly charred, about 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet.
6. Move chicken and vegetables to edges of pan, making a space in the middle. Stir sauce and pour into middle of skillet. Let it bubble a couple of seconds, and then combine with chicken and vegetables. Add noodles and toss with tongs to incorporate. Divide among plates and garnish with greens of onions.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 321
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 107 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 839 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g