Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
TIP: If following our Two-Week Meal Plan, refrigerate at least 1 serving of leftovers.
- To a large shallow bowl or baking dish, add chicken and eggplant. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp soy sauce, vinegar, 1 tbsp oil, ginger, 1 tsp five-spice powder and 1 tbsp water. Pour mixture over chicken and eggplant and let marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package directions. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, add chicken-eggplant mixture with marinade; sauté for 5 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts, carrots, 3⁄4 cup white and light green parts of scallions, 1⁄4 cup dark green parts of scallions, edamame and remaining 1⁄2 tsp five-spice powder. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is fully cooked and eggplant is tender.
- Add chicken mixture to bowl with quinoa. Stir in remaining 1 tsp soy sauce and 2 tsp oil and toss to mix. Top with remaining 1⁄4 cup dark green parts of scallions and basil.
- Serving Size 3 cups
- Calories 441
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 83 mg
- Fat Content 12.5 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 37 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 408 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g