Chicken with Peanut Sauce & Sweet Potatoes
No skillet is required to make this scrumptious chicken tossed with a sweet and spicy peanut sauce. Just pack it into the foil and take it out to the grill – it’s a no-mess dinner solution!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1/4 cup unsalted natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 12 oz green beans, trimmed
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch chunks (: Make sure to dice potatoes no larger than directed, as they should cook through in the same amount of time as the chicken.)
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat oven to 450ºF.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together peanut butter, milk, vinegar, 2 tbsp cilantro, honey, lime juice, ginger, soy sauce, pepper flakes and garlic. Set aside.
- Cut 4 12 x 16-inch pieces of foil and mist with cooking spray. Divide green beans, potatoes and onion evenly into the center of each piece of foil. Divide chicken and peanut butter mixture between foil pieces, over top vegetables. Bring the short edges of the foil together, then fold inward a few times along each long edge to seal.
- Place foil packets directly on the grill or on a large, rimmed baking sheet in the oven. Grill or bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender. (NOTE: Carefully open a single packet to check, then reseal if needed.) Transfer contents of packets to serving bowls and garnish with additional cilantro.
- Serving Size 1 packet chicken with peanut sauce and veggies
- Calories 335
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 65 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 169 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g