Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a lidded jar, shake together shallot, lemon juice, 2 tsp water, 2 tsp oil, 2 tsp oregano, honey, and 1/8 tsp salt.
- Preheat a grill on medium and brush grates with 1/2 tsp oil (or use a grill pan on the stove top). Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, use a potato masher to mash chickpeas, cheese, egg, bread crumbs, remaining 1 1/2 tsp oregano and lemon zest. Mix well and shape into a large ball. Divide ball into 4 patties, flattening each to 1/2-inch thickness. In a medium nonstick skillet on medium, heat remaining 1/2 tsp oil. Add patties and cook until both sides are lightly golden and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- To grill, add watermelon and season with remaining 1/8 tsp salt; grill for about 2 minutes per side.
- In a medium bowl, toss together arugula and fennel, then pour dressing over top and toss. Divide salad, watermelon wedges and fritters among serving plates
- Serving Size 1 chickpea fritter, 1/4 of salad and watermelon
- Calories 229
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 59 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 336 mg
- Sugar Content 19 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g