Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a large ovenproof nonstick skillet on medium, heat oil. Add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika, salt and cayenne. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute more.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes and 1 1/2 cups water. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a simmer. Add kale, a few handfuls at a time, stirring with each addition until kale wilts. When all kale has been added, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until kale is tender, 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat. With the back of a spoon, create 4 shallow indentations in vegetable mixture. In a small bowl, crack 1 egg; slide into 1 indentation. Repeat with remaining eggs. Sprinkle cheese over eggs and vegetable mixture. Transfer skillet to oven and cook until eggs are set, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serving Size 1 egg and 1/4 of vegetable mixture
- Calories 356
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 199 mg
- Fat Content 11.5 g
- Fiber Content 13 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 427 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g