Love chickpeas? Try this recipe for Slow-Cooked Curried Chickpeas.
- Prep Time
- 2 15-oz BPA-free cans chickpeas, lightly mashed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp dulse flakes, optional
- 1 cup soft or silken organic tofu
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1large clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together chickpeas, onions, celery, carrot, dill and dulse (if using); set aside.
- To a blender, add all dressing ingredients and blend until smooth. Add to chickpea mixture and stir until dressing is incorporated.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 5 days or serve immediately with fresh peppery arugula and sliced tomato on your favorite crusty bread, in a whole-grain wrap or on a collard green leaf.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cups
- Calories: 109
- Carbohydrate Content: 12.5 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 142 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g