Try substituting your favorite mayo-laden egg or tuna salad with this truly unique Chickpea Salad, a mouthwatering, protein- and fiber-rich substitute that is not only creamy and delicious but also easy to prepare. It holds up in the fridge throughout the week for quick and easy sandwiches and wraps or snacks with your favorite cracker. Be sure to make a large batch to get you through the week.
Love chickpeas? Try this recipe for Slow-Cooked Curried Chickpeas.
- In a large bowl, mix together chickpeas, onions, celery, carrot, dill and dulse (if using); set aside.
- To a blender, add all dressing ingredients and blend until smooth. Add to chickpea mixture and stir until dressing is incorporated.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 5 days or serve immediately with fresh peppery arugula and sliced tomato on your favorite crusty bread, in a whole-grain wrap or on a collard green leaf.
- Serving Size 1/2 cups
- Calories 109
- Carbohydrate Content 12.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 142 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g