- Preheat oven to 400 ̊F. Pierce sweet potato severaltimes with a fork and roast on a baking sheet for 50 to 60 minutes, until tender. Let cool to room temperature. Discard skin and mash coarsely. Keep oven at 400 ̊F.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse together 1 cup sweet potato (reserve any remainder for future use), chickpeas, flour, 2 tbsp cilantro, onions, egg, mustard, chile powder and 1/4 tsp salt until combined but still slightly chunky. Form into 6 1/2-inch patties and transfer to a large, parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour orovernight. (NOTE: Mixture will be soft, but will firm up in the refrigerator.)
- Prepare avocado yogurt sauce: In a small bowl, coarsely mash avocado. Stir in lime juice, yogurt and remaining 2 tbsp cilantro. Season with additional salt. Cover and refrigerate.
- Bake patties for 15 minutes, turning halfway. Heat an outdoor grill to medium-high and lightly oil grate with cooking oil. (NOTE:A nonstick grill pan will work here too.) Mist patties on both sides with cooking spray and grill for 4 minutes, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 160 ̊F.
- Serve patties on lettuce leaves topped with sauce, cheese, tomatoes, radishes and sprouts.
- Serving Size 1 burger
- Calories 432
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 56 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 410 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g