FULL RECIPE: $11.26
COST PER PLATE: $2.82
- Cook Time
- 10 1/2 oz pork tenderloin, trimmed and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp chile powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves galic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime, divided
- 4 tomatillos, papery husks removed and flesh rinsed and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups peeled, seeded and cubed red Maradol papaya
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 corn tortillas, heated
- In a large bowl, toss pork, onion, chile powder, oil and 1/2 tsp salt. Heat a large nonstick skillet on medium. Add pork mixture and cook, turning occasionally, until pork is almost cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Add pepper and garlic and saute, stirring often, until pork is cooked through and pepper is tender-crisp. Stir in half of lime juice and saute for one more minute.
- Meanwhile, prepare salsa: In a medium bowl, combine tomatillos, avocado, papaya, remaining half of lime juice and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Spoon rice and pork mixture into tortillas, dividing evenly. Serve with salsa.
- Serving Size: per pork taco – 1 tortilla, 5 oz pork mixture, 1/2 cup rice, 4 oz salsa
- Calories: 411
- Carbohydrate Content: 53 g
- Cholesterol Content: 48 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 412 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g