Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
FULL RECIPE: $11.26
COST PER PLATE: $2.82
- In a large bowl, toss pork, onion, chile powder, oil and 1/2 tsp salt. Heat a large nonstick skillet on medium. Add pork mixture and cook, turning occasionally, until pork is almost cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Add pepper and garlic and saute, stirring often, until pork is cooked through and pepper is tender-crisp. Stir in half of lime juice and saute for one more minute.
- Meanwhile, prepare salsa: In a medium bowl, combine tomatillos, avocado, papaya, remaining half of lime juice and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Spoon rice and pork mixture into tortillas, dividing evenly. Serve with salsa.
- Serving Size per pork taco – 1 tortilla, 5 oz pork mixture, 1/2 cup rice, 4 oz salsa
- Calories 411
- Carbohydrate Content 53 g
- Cholesterol Content 48 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 412 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g