Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, store wings, slaw and sauce separately. Reheat when called for.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place a metal rack over foil. In a large bowl, place chicken wings. Add tapioca starch and toss to coat. In a small bowl, combine remaining wings ingredients. Sprinkle over chicken wings and rub mixture into wings. Place wings on baking rack over baking sheet. Place baking sheet with wings in refrigerator at least 8 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place baking sheet with wings in oven and cook for 20 minutes. Flip wings and bake 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: In a small saucepan on medium-low, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium- low and simmer 2 minutes, until sauce starts to thicken; remove from heat and set aside.
- Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with a few tablespoons Orange Sauce; toss to coat. Reserve remaining sauce.
- Prepare slaw: In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, chives, garlic powder, dill, pepper and salt. In a large bowl, place shredded cabbage. Drizzle dressing over top and toss to coat.
- Serve wings with slaw and reserved Orange Sauce for dipping.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 431
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 85 mg
- Fat Content 32 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 853 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 14 g