Try this crispy fish taco recipe here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tsp each ground coriander, cumin and ancho chile powder (or other red chile powder)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 lb Pacific rockfish fillets (or other firm, sustainable white fish), rinsed, patted dry and cut into 1 x 2-inch strips
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (TRY: California Olive Ranch Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 small heirloom tomato, cored and chopped
- 1/2 small mango, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped seedless watermelon
- 1 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Prepare salsa: Combine all salsa ingredients and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine coriander, cumin, chile powder, garlic powder and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Toss fish with oil and then spice mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat tortillas in batches until warm and pliable, about 1 minute per side. Stack tortillas, wrap in foil and set aside.
- To skillet (still on medium-high), add fish and cook, flipping pieces carefully with a spatula until fish is just opaque throughout, about 2 minutes per side. Divide fish, greens and salsa among tortillas.
- Serving Size: 2 tacos with toppings
- Calories: 301
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 57 mg
- Fat Content: 7.5 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 374 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1.5 g