See this integrated into one of our meal plans!
- Prepare salsa: In a pot of boiling water, add tomatillos and boil for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, until peel starts to separate from flesh. Drain, peel and finely chop. In a medium bowl, combine tomatillos, tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, 2 tbsp lime juice, 1 1/2 tsp oil, salt and pepper. Stir and set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium-high, heat remaining 2 tsp oil. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add shrimp, cooking on 1 side for 1 to 2 minutes. Flip over and add remaining 2 tbsp lime juice. Sprinkle with chile powder and sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes, until shrimp is opaque throughout. Remove to a cutting board; chop shrimp. Wipe out skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, cheese, 1/2 cup salsa and beans.
- Mist 1 side of 2 tortillas with cooking spray. Heat skillet on medium and place 1 tortilla, sprayed side down, in skillet. Spread half of bean mixture over tortilla, leaving 1/2-inch space around edges. Place other tortilla, sprayed side up, over filling. Heat for 2 to 3 minutes, using a spatula to press edges of tortillas together. Carefully flip quesadilla over and cook other side for 2 minutes.Repeat with remaining 2 tortillas and bean mixture.
- Cut each quesadilla into 8 wedges. Arrange 4 wedges on each plate and top each serving with 1/4 cup salsa and 1/4 chopped avocado.
- Serving Size 4 wedges, 1/4 c salsa, 1/4 avocado
- Calories 470
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 151 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 13 g
- Protein Content 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 414 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g