FIBER-RICH OATS: Loaded with dietary fiber, rolled oats aid in healthy digestion and in keeping you full for longer. They also contain a form of soluble fiber called beta-glucan, which has been found to lower total blood cholesterol.
Traditional Flahavan’s Irish rolled oats combined with almond butter and a few pantry staples are all it takes to make your own clean granola bars.
- Prep Time
- 12 barsServings
2 cups Flahavan’s Irish Oatmeal (rolled oats)
¾ cup chopped raw unsalted almonds
1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
1¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 cup MaraNatha Organic Roasted Almond Butter, Creamy
1/4 cup NOW Real Food Organic Coconut Sugar
1/4 cup raw honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup (1½ oz) chopped dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment and mist with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Place oats and almonds on a small baking sheet and bake, stirring once, until nuts are lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; to bowl, add flaxseeds, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg.
3. In a small saucepan, combine almond butter, coconut sugar, and honey. Bring to a simmer on medium, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over oat mixture and stir until well combined. Let cool for 5 minutes. Scrape into prepared baking dish and press down firmly with a rubber spatula.
4. Bake until edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool in baking dish for 1 hour. Cut into 12 bars.
5. In a heat-proof bowl over gently simmering water, melt chocolate. Using a spoon, drizzle chocolate over bars. Let chocolate cool before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 192
- Carbohydrate Content: 25 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 3.5 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 84 mg
- Sugar Content: 12.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 4.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2.5 g