- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 5 small ripe bananas (about 1 lb), peeled and broken or cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 baked Extra-Easy Whole-Grain Pie Crust, using nut variation with peanuts
- 2 tbsp unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 oz dark chocolate (70% or greater), finely chopped
- Combine bananas, cocoa, coconut milk and vanilla in the jar of a blender. Blend until very smooth (like thin cake batter), stopping to scrape down sides of jar and stir mixture 2 or 3 times (to ensure all banana is puréed).
- Pour banana purée into baked pie crust. Sprinkle peanuts and chocolate across surface of pie. Cover very tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight.
- To serve, remove plastic wrap and set at room temperature for about 30 minutes (longer if pie was frozen for more than 4 hours), until pie is just soft enough to yield to the cut of a knife. Slice and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of pie
- Calories: 237
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 27 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 73 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1.5 g