- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup organic evaporated cane juice
- 1/2 cup organic unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla or almond extract
- 2 cups almond flour (TRY: Bob's Red Mill Finely Ground Almond Meal/Flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped dark chocolate (70% cocoa or greater)
- 1/2 cup organic evaporated cane juice
- 6 tbsp organic unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- In a large bowl, use an electric hand mixer to cream 1 cup cane juice and 1/2 cup butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture until just combined. With a rubber spatula, fold in oats and chocolate. Form into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Drop dough by the teaspoon onto parchment-lined baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each cookie. Bake until bottoms are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare filling: In a clean, medium bowl, use hand mixer to cream 3/4 cup cane juice and 6 tbsp butter until light and fluffy. With rubber spatula, fold in ricotta until smooth. Transfer to a pastry bag or large zip-top bag. (NOTE: If using zip-top bag, snip off one corner.) Turn half of cookies upside down and squeeze filling over inverted cookies. Top with remaining cookies.
- Serving Size: 1 buttercream cookie
- Calories: 212
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Cholesterol Content: 30 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 101 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g