Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a large bowl, use an electric hand mixer to cream 1 cup cane juice and 1/2 cup butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually beat into butter mixture until just combined. With a rubber spatula, fold in oats and chocolate. Form into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Drop dough by the teaspoon onto parchment-lined baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each cookie. Bake until bottoms are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare filling: In a clean, medium bowl, use hand mixer to cream 3/4 cup cane juice and 6 tbsp butter until light and fluffy. With rubber spatula, fold in ricotta until smooth. Transfer to a pastry bag or large zip-top bag. (NOTE: If using zip-top bag, snip off one corner.) Turn half of cookies upside down and squeeze filling over inverted cookies. Top with remaining cookies.
- Serving Size 1 buttercream cookie
- Calories 212
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 101 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g