Chocolate Cherry Granola Bars
Our easy-to-make granola bars use a blend of oats, nuts and seeds for crunch, and chocolate chips, dried cherries and honey for sweetness and just the right amount of chewiness.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Try our recipe for Frozen Berry Granola Squares.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped raw unsalted walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dried unsweetened tart cherries or cranberries, chopped if large
- 6 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup ground almond meal/flour
- 1¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8- or 9-inch square baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Place oats, walnuts, seeds and coconut flakes on a large baking sheet; toast for 12 to 15 minutes, checking often to avoid burning.
- In a large bowl, combine cherries, chocolate chips, almond meal, cinnamon and salt. When oat mixture is out of the oven, add to bowl; toss to combine. Mix honey, melted butter, vanilla and almond extract together and pour over oat mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
- Pour mixture into pan and press down with a spoon, spatula or damp hands. Bake until golden brown on top, about 20 minutes. The bar will be soft to the touch when it comes out of the oven but will firm up as it cools. Let cool completely, at least 2 hours. Cut into 8 squares and store in a covered container in the fridge.
- Serving Size 1 bar
- Calories 352
- Carbohydrate Content 41 g
- Cholesterol Content 14 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 129 mg
- Sugar Content 23 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 6 g