READER RECIPE TESTER
St. Catharines, Ontario
"I feel that it's so important to provide your body and soul with foods that are natural and healthy for you. When I eat processed foods, I feel awful. I like knowing what I'm putting in my body. Long ingredient lists scare me."
Love this Clean Eating Banana Bread? Try our recipe for Walnut Blueberry Banana Bread!
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Olive oil cooking spray, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, flaxseed and salt.
- In a large bowl, with a hand mixer, beat bananas until smooth. Add egg whites and beat until combined. Gradually mix in applesauce, honey and safflower oil.
- Mix dry ingredients into banana mixture; stir in chocolate.
- Mist a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until browned on top.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of bread
- Calories: 182
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 74 mg
- Sugar Content: 16 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g