Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
READER RECIPE TESTER
St. Catharines, Ontario
“I feel that it’s so important to provide your body and soul with foods that are natural and healthy for you. When I eat processed foods, I feel awful. I like knowing what I’m putting in my body. Long ingredient lists scare me.”
Love this Clean Eating Banana Bread? Try our recipe for Walnut Blueberry Banana Bread!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, flaxseed and salt.
- In a large bowl, with a hand mixer, beat bananas until smooth. Add egg whites and beat until combined. Gradually mix in applesauce, honey and safflower oil.
- Mix dry ingredients into banana mixture; stir in chocolate.
- Mist a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until browned on top.
- Serving Size 1/12 of bread
- Calories 182
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 74 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g