Light coconut milk or a boxed (beverage) variety won’t work for this recipe. Enjoy over top of ice cream, waffles or a hot coffee beverage.
- 1 13.5-oz BPA-free can full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated for 8 hours or overnight
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1. Into a medium bowl, carefully open can and spoon thick white parts of coconut cream, which will have separated at the top of the can, away from clear coconut water. Reserve coconut water for a future use. Whisk coconut cream very well, until light, airy and the texture of whipped cream. (TIP: You can use an electric hand mixer if you prefer.)
2. To bowl, add cacao powder and maple syrup and whisk until combined. Recipe will keep about 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 88
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 7 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g