Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Light coconut milk or a boxed (beverage) variety won’t work for this recipe. Enjoy over top of ice cream, waffles or a hot coffee beverage.
1. Into a medium bowl, carefully open can and spoon thick white parts of coconut cream, which will have separated at the top of the can, away from clear coconut water. Reserve coconut water for a future use. Whisk coconut cream very well, until light, airy and the texture of whipped cream. (TIP: You can use an electric hand mixer if you prefer.)
2. To bowl, add cacao powder and maple syrup and whisk until combined. Recipe will keep about 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size 2 tbsp
- Calories 88
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 7 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g