*NOTE: Toasted hazelnuts can be found in bulk-food stores or you can toast them in a 375°F oven for about 10 minutes. Roll in a towel to remove skins, though a few remaining skins in the mix won't be a problem.
- Prep Time
- 3 cupsServings
- 2 1/2 cups hazelnuts, toasted, skins removed*
- 4 oz dark chocolate, 70% or higher, chopped
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup, or to taste (TRY: Vermont Pure Maple Syrup)
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, blend hazelnuts until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- In a double boiler or heat-proof bowl over a pot of simmering water, melt chocolate. Transfer melted chocolate to a bowl along with maple syrup and hazelnut butter and combine well. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
- Serving Size: 1 Tbsp
- Calories: 58
- Carbohydrate Content: 3 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 1 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g