For more about this recipe see “Where Healthy Family Fare Meets Fun“
1. Preheat over to 350°F. Grease donut pan well with oil. (NOTE: Donut pans vary in size, so the yield may vary slightly.)
2. Into a large bowl, sift coconut flour. Whisk in coconut sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, cream of tartar, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add eggs, oil and 2 tsp vanilla. Using a wooden spoon, stir batter together until well combined.
4. Spoon into prepared donut pan and bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in a donut comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes. Let donuts cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely at room temperature.
5. Meanwhile, make icing: In a blender, combine drained cashews with remaining ½ tsp vanilla, maple syrup, almond milk and cacao powder until smooth. Once donuts have cooled completely, spread with icing and garnish with a sprinkling of toasted coconut ribbons (if using). These donuts are best served within a couple of hours of assembling.
- Serving Size 1 donut